facebook twitter youtube instagram

Experience of “Tokyo Metro” JSC studied

Member of the Citizens’ Representative Khural and Executive Director of “Ulaanbaatar City Development Corporation” JSC N.Bayarchimeg and relevant officials got acquainted with the activities of "Tokyo Metro" JSC and studied its management experience. Director of the company's international business department and head of International Relations Kazuhiro Hatanaka introduced the company's operations and international projects.

Nine million people live within a 15 km radius of central Tokyo, and more than 32 million people live within a 50 km radius. "Tokyo Metro" JSC was established in 1927 and began to operate in the field of public transport and railways. Nowadays, the company runs 195 km of subway operations in nine directions. It served 7.5 million people a day before Covid-19 pandemic, but now it is reduced to 5.2 million. The company has a total of 11,000 employees, and 53.4% of the company is owned by the Japanese Government and the remaining 46.6% by the Tokyo’s administration.

However, the company is a special ownership organization that is responsible for its own investment and expenses and operates as a privately owned company. It is planned to conduct an IPO and be privatized in the future. The company is not only engaged in subway operations, but also operates in many areas such as real estate, advertising, etc., which accounts for 15 percent of the revenue.

In addition, the company not only operates abroad, but also emphasizes contributing to the development of the country through environmentally favorable advanced technologies. Moreover, the online "Tokyo metro Academy" is being run, paying attention to the empowerment and development of personnel.

Ulaanbaatar city conveyed its willingness to implement proper management and to cooperate in this direction in the future.


World Bank technical assistance team worked in Ulaanbaatar
“Tokyo Declaration 2023” issued
Comment (0)
Ghostwriter Dissertation