A regular meeting of the capital city authorities was held on July 19.
Head of the Health Department of the Capital City B.Byambadorj introduced the current situation of the coronavirus, flu and flu-like diseases.
"The coronavirus cases are gradually increasing. New cases increased 15% compared with the previous 7-day. In the analysis of viral variants, omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 were registered. Typical symptoms of the omicron subvariants include cough, fever, and sore throat. On July 18, 290 new cases were registered. Influenza and flu-like diseases are also not decreasing.
54 percent of capital city citizens were vaccinated with the third dose, and 5 percent of target citizens were vaccinated with the fourth dose. There are sufficient stocks of vaccines, and 33 vaccination centers are operating in the capital city.
DUE TO CONTINUOUS RAIN, RISK OF FLOODING INCREASES
Information on accidents and dangerous phenomena was provided by the Emergency Management Department of the Capital City (EMDCC). In the period between June 27 and July 17, 47 fire calls, 26 rescue calls, and a total of 73 calls were reported to the department. During this period, 40 people were evacuated from the smoke zone of the fire, and property worth MNT 12.6 billion was protected. Also, 29 people were rescued from dangerous situations and accidents. However, since the beginning of the year, 1169 facility fires, five forest fires, 103 rescue operations, and a total of 1277 calls were reported. Overall receiving calls was up by about 27% over the previous year. During the Naadam festival, on July 10-13, 10 fire and six rescue calls were reported.
350 INSPECTORS WORKED IN FOOD PRODUCTION AND TRADE SERVICES
Head of Special Inspection Authority of the Capital City B.Batshagai said, "During the Naadam days, 350 state inspectors of food production and trade services to ensure labor safety, gas use, energy, environmental hygiene. During the inspection, 227 violations were detected, 189 violations or 83.3 percent were eliminated immediately, and counseling services were provided”.
Moreover, an investigation was conducted on the demolition of the "Ard" cinema building. Due to the unauthorized demolition, the operation was stopped and measures were taken to fence around the object to ensure safety.
MAIN AND SIX SIDE ROADS COMPLETELY RENOVATED
Head of Ulaanbaatar Road Development Department G.Bayarsaikhan presented the road renovation progress. The work started on April 20, and six types of work are being carried out. In this regard, six of the 14 main and secondary roads have been completely renovated.
At the end of the meeting, the following instructions were given to related authorities. These includes:
As part of winter preparations
- To ensure implementation in accordance with the Capital city’s Governor's order "On some measures on preparing for the winter of 2022-2023" No. A/853, related officials to pay attention to intensify work on unfinished and missing projects.
- To intensify repairs of utility networks and complete on scheduled time.
- To complete landscaping and road renovation works before August 15.
- To complete constructions of school and kindergarten expansion and renovation works before the start of the new school year.
As part of contemporary issues
- To urgently announce and complete the procurement of projects and measures approved for implementation in the capital city.
- To intensify investment, construction, and improvement work.
- To clarify the reasons and conditions of projects and measures that are difficult to implement in the future and present proposals for changes in the budget of projects and measures that can be fully implemented.
- In connection with the sales autumn vegetables, organize in advance the location of possible sales points in the capital city to quickly provide support and advisory services to enterprises and individuals, and to provide them with the opportunity to buy and sell vegetables directly to the citizens.
- In order to prevent influenza and flu-like diseases, to maintain hygiene and infection prevention regimes at all stages.
- In connection with the increase in the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus infection and the high risk of spread, make a plan of measures to be taken in the future and ensure its implementation.
CAPITAL CITY TRAINING, RESEARCH, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCY