Ulaanbaatar City Tourism Department and "Sky Resort" LLC are going to jointly organize the "Ulaanbaatar Winter Festival" on January 27 and 28 at the "Sky Resort" ski resort, "Uukhain Duu" tourist camp located in Tsonjin Boldog, and the National Park, respectively.
The festival aims to showcase and promote Mongolia's beautiful winter season, traditions, heritage, and unique culture. Its purpose is also in passing it down to the younger generation, while introducing new winter extreme sports and travel types to the citizens of the capital.
The festival will feature a variety of events and activities, including:
- Ice Sled Championship and amateur competition
- National Ice Hockey Championship and amateur competition
- Snowboard competition
- Paragliding City Championship
- Snow Rugby City Championship
- Ice wall climbing amateur competition
- Family relay race and tug of war competitions
Entertainment and Shows:
- Parachute show
- Poultry show
- Snowboard show
- Dog sled service
- Skiing and sledding service
- Food and beverages
More than 1,000 athletes from Ulaanbaatar and 21 provinces will participate in the festival, as well as more than 80 foreign athletes from Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang Uygur, Tuva Republic, etc.
MEDIA AND PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT OF THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE OF THE CAPITAL CITY