In 2010, the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity officially registered the traditional practice of eagle hunting.
The “Eagle Festival” event, which aims to promote the Kazakh people’s eagle hunting tradition, unique customs, and lifestyle, has become a tradition to develop special interest tourism, extend winter tourism has been successfully organized.
The event aims to attract foreign and domestic tourists through the traditions and heritage of the Kazakh people and to make the capital's citizens enjoy their leisure time. Foreign tourists, foreigners residing temporarily or permanently in Mongolia, domestic tourists, and citizens of the capital participate in the Eagle Festival.
General organizer: Ulaanbaatar city Tourism department, “Chinggis Khaanii Khuree” tourism complex, “Mongolian Eagle hunters” association
Supporting organization: Ministry of Environment and Tourism, Culture and Arts department of Bayan-Ulgii province
The following activities will be organized:
- Eagle Parade (Selection eagle hunters with the best national costume, eagle and horse equipment)
- Best trained eagle performance, Eagle hunting competition
- Kazakh national game (Kоkbar-tulam, coin snatching )
Performance and services:
- Take a photo in a Kazakh Ger and national clothes
- Shopping at craft’s fairs
- Take pictures with eagles, hawks and falcon-
- 360 camera photo booth
- Fire festival and round dance
- Camel riding service