Ulaanbaatar Health department organized the "UB healthcare week 2022" exhibition on November 16-18 to share innovative ideas and solutions important for digital transition in the public healthcare services. In this regard, to solve the pressing issues in the health sector with technology and to expand digitalization, 10 digital services and technologies and innovations in the health sector were presented to the public.
It is possible to know ambulance location
The deputy head in charge of the treatment of the Ambulance Center of the capital city B. Aybolat:
- A system has been developed to send the location and route of the ambulance to the caller's phone. In the past, the caller had no way of knowing where the ambulance was going and had to repeatedly call the emergency number, which caused loading. With the introduction of this new system, the load will decrease. The system will be further developed into an application in 2023, providing information on where the ambulance is going, as well as providing advice on measures to be taken. Currently, 70 vehicles of the 88 ambulance vehicles are equipped with GPS. The remaining vehicles will be equipped in the near future. The program was developed in cooperation with "The ICT Group" within the framework of social responsibility.
Digital pregnancy monitoring program
Obstetrician-gynecologist of Khan-Uul District Medical Center D. Mendbayar:
- The pregnancy monitoring and registration system are being implemented by the Khan-Uul District Health Center which is improving the coordination between the family health center and the obstetrician. By using the system, prenatal care will be improved, accessibility will be increased, and unified database will be created. This will reduce issues susch as stillbirths, uncontrolled births, and maternal mortality.
Self-Service kiosk to book a hospital appointment and get test results
Head of the Information Technology Department of the Khan-Uul District Medical Center A. Amartuvshin:
- The Khan-Uul District Health Center is implementing this project in cooperation with E-Clinic LLC. It is possible to promptly print medical records, book appointments, and obtain test results from the kiosk machine. Digitization of these services not only saves time but also prevents corruption and bureaucracy. This system is directly connected to the E-Mongolia system and the internal management system of the hospital. Currently, services for booking hospital appointments and getting test results from the kiosk machine have been activated, and it was put into use half a year ago. Citizens are ordering about 1,000 appointments a day with this self-service kiosk.
Family health center /FHC/ appointment system
Executive director of Digital And Med LLC B. Erdenebadrah:
- Our company is introducing FHC’s appointment booking system. Citizens can book an appointment using the application or the kiosk machine. The kiosk machine has the advantage of displaying healthcare organization introductions and various advertisements on the smart screen. The system for booking appointments through the Smart UB application, which is implemented in the framework of the "Digital City" project in cooperation with the Mayor’s office of the capital city is ready to be introduced. Currently, the kiosk machine is being used in the FHC of the 16th district of Bayanzurkh district.
Telemedicine technology for remote monitoring
Employee of the Telemedicine Center of the Khan-Uul District General Hospital O. Unumunkh:
- Telemedicine is the use of communication technology that may include a broad array of visual and audio platforms to allow the delivery of medical care at a distance from the healthcare provider.
Furthermore, equipment used for vital signs will be delivered to the patient's home with the patient's consent. Additional portable devices can be delivered based on the patient's diagnosis. Specialist doctors will contact patients online 1-5 times in 10 days. During the coronavirus spread, this system was introduced in the Khan-Uul district. The doctor communicates with the patient from a distance and checks his condition three times a day, on average 5-6 times a week. 90 percent of people who received the service are satisfied.
Monitoring system for malnutrition in children and treatment
Pediatrician of Bayanzurkh District Medical Center J. Oyunzul:
- Malnutrition and weight loss of children aged 0-5 years are monitored by FHCs. Initially, malnutrition was monitored using paper forms. This monitoring is now digitalized. This digitization of manual operations has made work easier and created a database. This digital system is only for children with acute malnutrition.
Digital special licensing system
Specialist in charge of the special license of the Ulaanbaatar Health department T. Jargal:
- Ulaanbaatar Health department issues special licenses in the fields of pharmacy, medical and disinfection services. Starting April 1, 2022, special license applications have been accepted digitally, 24 hours a day. This created the advantage of saving time and reducing the use of paper. Since the digitalization, 420 requests have been submitted digitally.
CAPITAL CITY TRAINING, RESEARCH, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCY